Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Back to homosexual sex marriage

I do agree with all the people who are saying that the Liberals' pressure on Harper to confirm his stance on the notwithstanding clause and same-sex marriage is nothing but an attempt to distract from the Liberals' own screwups. But still, I'd like to extend a challenge to any journalists reading: the first one of you to ask Harper whether he supports homosexual sex marriage gets a big fat smooch from yours truly.

2 comments:

Stithmeister said...

If I thought I'd get the smooch, I'd ask him but Kentucky is a long drive. He seems a bit to me like a politician you can't pin down on some things. He doesn't want to take a stance because he's nervous about burning bridged.

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Stithmeister,

He should be nervous about burning bridges. If he wants to lead a minority government starting in January, and he wants it to last more than a few months, he's going to have to become pretty adept at building them.