Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Visitors from Texas Christian University

Over the last few days, my blog has been getting dozens of hits from what seems to be an English course taught at Texas Christian University, a small educational institution in Fort Worth, Texas that's affiliated with the Disciples of Christ church. The hits are all going to this old post about the art and science of journalistic narrative, and the referring link points back here--a page that unfortunately seems to be unavailable to inquisitive outsiders.

If anybody who's clicking through to my blog from that link happens to venture a bit further to the main page, though, and wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions, I'm just dying to know the following:

1) What on earth are people in an English class at Texas Christian University saying about my post?

2) When I talk about the "no-confidence motion against the current Canadian government" and "explosive testimony at the Gomery inquiry" in that post, are my TCU readers not entirely confused?

3) Isn't the university administration a bit concerned about all these impressionable young students reading the heathen thoughts of a queer lefty U.S. immigrant to Canada?

Just wondering!

9 comments:

West End Bob said...

IP,

Loved the last line and does warrant an answer from the university administration - Doubt if you'll get one . . .

Guess I never picked up on the "queer" description, though . . . Somehow I thought we had a lot in common . . .

Anonymous said...

I kind of hope you're accidentally the focus of a whole queer lefty underground resistance movement there. :D

- K

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

west end bound,

Well, I did say in my post about the convention that I went to the meeting of the LGBT caucus. They weren't exactly checking our queer cards at the door, but it was intended for "family". *grin*

Anonymous said...

"a queer lefty U.S. immigrant to Canada" !! ??

Oh my God, I miss you :)

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

AP,

Aww, I miss you, too! (Come home!!!)

West End Bob said...

IP,

Yeah, I noticed that, and thought: "Wow, she's getting a well-rounded experience at the convention isn't she?"

After all, by your well-written posts I am always impressed by your ability to see different views of almost any subject. Very commendable quality in life . . .

Peter Rempel said...

ha ha ha, it would drive me nuts if this happened to me.

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Peter,

It is driving me nuts! I want to know what they're saying! Except that I suspect the instructor saw this post and pulled the link, because I'm not getting any hits anymore. So I'm left alone to wonder. *sniff*

West End Bob said...

Don't cry, IP . . . The students may come back from their home computer!