Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Clearing a few things up

Some myths about me:

I came to Canada because I became disgusted with the U.S. after Bush was elected in 2000. (I've actually been here since 1997, back when Clinton was still President. The Democrats always pushed me toward leaving a lot harder than the Republicans, ironically enough.)

My blog's name is Ideal Pragmatist...or Idealist Pragmatist, or Ideal Pragmatic. (it's idealistic: adjective meaning "believing practices should be based on principles"; pragmatist: noun meaning "one who believes practices should be based on practical outcomes".)

I am a male-type-blogger-person. (*looks down*--whew, the breasts are still there.)

4 comments:

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

*snort*!

Olaf said...

IP -

I truly hope there were others besides myself who have made these mistakes, and that it wasn't just my ignorance which inspired this post (although it's inspired much worse in the past).

Mike said...

The only one I get is being mistaken for a Liberal...

"looks down" --whew

They're still there!

;)

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

HEE!

I've been mistaken for a Liberal because of the blog name (what? social democrats can't be pragmatic? gimme a break!), but people usually learn otherwise pretty quickly...