Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Blogstravaganza: Waterloo Edition

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but the plans are finally coming together. The Waterloo, Ontario Blogstravaganza is this upcoming Saturday May 27th, starting at 2PM at the Waterloo Public Library's launch party for James Bow's novel The Unwritten Girl.

At 4:00 PM, after the launch party is over, we will be going en masse across the street to the Huether Hotel brewpub (a few of us gave it a test drive last weekend, and the brews are indeed yummy), located at 59 King Street North, Waterloo, ON N2J 2X2. If the weather is good--which looks likely at this point--we will go to the Barley Works patio, and if not, we'll end up at the Lion Brewery Restaurant, which are both part of the Huether. This is a multipartisan, non-ideological event, so if you blog about politics or read those who do, feel free to come join us. Whether this ends up a "can't we all just get along" sort of atmosphere or gets as contentious as some of the discussions we've had out here in blogland depends on you, but either way it'll be fun, right?

Definitely in at this point: IP of Idealistic Pragmatist, Greg Staples of Political Staples, Greg Bester of Sinister Thoughts, James Bow of Bow. James Bow, CC of Canadian Cynic, Pretty Shaved Ape of the terminal velocity of sausage, and m@ of an unknown blog. Possibles include Annemarie of verbena-19 and Scott Tribe of the Progressive Bloggers. Anybody else? Sound off!

[Update: Scott Tribe is looking for a ride from the Windsor/London area, if anyone's coming from there.]

[Upperdate: Annemarie of verbena-19 is also looking for a ride, from the Brampton/Caledon/Mississauga area.]

6 comments:

Annamarie said...

I'm still looking for a ride too from the Brampton/Caledon/Mississauga area, if anyone is going from here....
(If I can't get there, please give my congratulations to James Bow on his new novel, and say hi to everyone! And have a brew for me too, and be sure to have fun! :)

Annamarie

verbena-19

UWHabs said...

I'm a big lurker on a bunch of blogs around, and I live in Waterloo, so I might show up for the book launch or just the after party, depending on my mood. It'll be interesting to see the faces behind the blogs.

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Annemarie,

I've added an update with your plea--here's hoping!

Arnie,

Please do come!

Mark Richard Francis said...

I'd love to attend, but have to send my regrets.

This weekend is the Green Party of Ontario policy conference.

My congrats to James for his book. I hope to have one written myself in a few decades. ;)

Oxford County Liberals said...

Looks like barring a last minute offer of aid (er.. a ride ;0) I'm not going to be able to make it. So, send my regrets, but havbe a good time.

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Mark, Scott, and Annemarie,

You were missed! Maybe next time.