Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I am not a crook

Any thoughts on what Paul Martin is likely to say tomorrow night?

I'm thinking it's got to be something like: "My fellow citizens, I make you a solemn promise to dissolve Parliament at the very moment that the last Gomery witness leaves the stand later this year. But until then, the inquiry must continue, and so must this government."

Or maybe it's: "These are difficult times, and in difficult times, difficult compromises must be made. For this reason, I am hereby recommending that this government propose a bill introducing radical reforms to our parliamentary system, including the proportional representation so strongly embraced by my colleagues across the aisle in the Conservatives and the NDP
so that the Liberals won't be reduced to a mere two seats in the upcoming election."

(What? Come on, a girl can dream.)

No comments: