Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Monday, June 28, 2004

So, we had this little election today

My goodness. I suddenly feel like such a pessimist.

My problem is that once I let myself start to dream, I start to dream big, and when I dream big, I inevitably end up disappointed. So you'll forgive me if I don't have anything insightful (or even coherent) to say about this outcome. I'm not even going to spell out what the possibilities are lest I jinx a very tenuous situation; the numbers are all there in black and white for anyone to read for themselves.

In fact, I'm going to go to bed. If this is all a dream, I want at least a good five or six hours of it before I wake up.

[Update after waking: 19? 19???? What happened overnight? God *damn* it, I knew it was all a dream. I'm ready for it to be more boring now, okay?]

No comments: