Resisting the pull of cynicism since 1969.

Monday, June 12, 2006

IP on the Hotstove

I pinch-hitted for Sinister Greg on the Bloggers' Hotstove this week, and despite the lopsidedness of this particular week's panel (the fourth panelist, Stephen Taylor, couldn't get his microphone to work), it was a lot of fun. I'm afraid our host Greg Staples encouraged me way too much toward the end, though, when the discussion drifted toward my pet issue of proportional representation. Before they even think about having me back, they should probably make me promise to repent of my longwindedness!

For reference, here are some links to pieces that were brought up over the course of the podcast:

Also, if you had your curiosity piqued by the discussion at the end of the podcast about the arcane mechanics of a couple of different flavours of proportional representation, and would like to hear more, I've got a whole FAQ on the subject. (If, on the other hand, your reaction was more along the lines of: "I can't believe they let her pontificate about that for ten minutes," then for god's sake, steer clear of that link!)

No comments: